Malachi is now 9.5months old. As the months have gone by I have been concerned about him reaching his milestones. For a while we were in a “wait and see” mode. We decided that the waiting is over and recieved the thumbs up from the Lord to move forward. To put it simply Malachi is very behind in some of his motor skills, especially his neck control. Sometimes it is as if I am handling a 4-6 months old instead of an almost 10 month old. We decided to act and write a pediatrician and seek advice and everyone said that now is the time to act.
Malachi was not able to get the MRI’s or CAT SCAN he needed or the neurological tests he needed after his traumatic birth. It is possible that he has some trauma to the brain due to lack of oxygen, however we do not know anything conclusive.
The baby and I will be traveling to Hartsville, SC on Saturday to see the pediatrician that we have been speaking to. Miraculously they got us into a specialist on Tuesday. Also our wonderful mission board is helping us with airfare. We will return to Belize the following Sunday.
I am asking you to pray that God will continue to open the doors for this trip. Pray for little Malachi that they will be able to pinpoint the problem and come up with a solution. Pray for me that I will be able to sleep and have a clear head in the coming days. Pray for the girls, especially Ellis, because they will be away from me and are not used to that. Pray for John as he holds down the fort in Belize.
If you live in Hartsville and are interested in conecting, let me know. Thank you for your prayer support during this time.