To the States on Saturday-Miracle Malachi update

Malachi is now 9.5months old. As the months have gone by I have been concerned about him reaching his milestones. For a while we were in a “wait and see” mode. We decided that the waiting is over and recieved the thumbs up from the Lord to move forward. To put it simply Malachi is very behind in some of his motor skills, especially his neck control. Sometimes it is as if I am handling a 4-6 months old instead of an almost 10 month old. We decided to act and write a pediatrician and seek advice and everyone said that now is the time to act.

Malachi was not able to get the MRI’s or CAT SCAN he needed or the neurological tests he needed after his traumatic birth. It is possible that he has some trauma to the brain due to lack of oxygen, however we do not know anything conclusive.

The baby and I will be traveling to Hartsville, SC on Saturday to see the pediatrician that we have been speaking to. Miraculously they got us into a specialist on Tuesday. Also our wonderful mission board is helping us with airfare. We will return to Belize the following Sunday.

I am asking you to pray that God will continue to open the doors for this trip. Pray for little Malachi that they will be able to pinpoint the problem and come up with a solution. Pray for me that I will be able to sleep and have a clear head in the coming days. Pray for the girls, especially Ellis, because they will be away from me and are not used to that. Pray for John as he holds down the fort in Belize.

If you live in Hartsville and are interested in conecting, let me know. Thank you for your prayer support during this time.

15 thoughts on “To the States on Saturday-Miracle Malachi update

  1. Pam Jensen

    We will be praying for you as you make the quick trip. We will also be praying for John and the girls. How’s your leg? Love you so much!!

  2. Sue Dale

    We will be praying…. May God give the doctors all wisdom. I pray that this is only a minor set back for Malachi and nothing long term. May God give you all peace and strength. Love you and hugs.

  3. Don Pyle

    Praying for Gods grace and strength for you and your family back in Belize.

  4. Peg Windmiller

    Pray for you as you make this trip – for a clear mind, a calm spirit and unusual strength! Please know Converge is praying for you also!

  5. Lindsey Kohrt

    Praying for you and the whole fam Mel- Our God is so good. He has you all in His hands. : )

  6. Phyllis Hull

    Praying for all of you as you make your quick trip. Also for God to give wisdom to the Dr in how to help Malachi. He’s such a sweet little guy. So glad I got to meet him and hold him.

  7. Mary Sue

    Loving you, praying for you, and wishing I could make the trip with you!

  8. Jodi Strava

    Praying for God’s provision for each and every member of the Bjorgen family. May he open the door to knowledge, understanding and wisdom for all involved in Malachi’s care as well as you and John.

  9. Karyn White

    Praying for you all and wisdom for the pediatrician. Thankful that you are able to do this and so quickly.

  10. Rachael Martin

    Praying for you all, Mel. Prayers for you, the girls, John and little Malachi, all his doctors and your travels. I just want to hug you. Praise God for His provision. <3

  11. Jenny Koehnen

    I’m praying for you as you head to the States. I’m asking God to give you answers, hope, and any healing or growth that would bless Malachi. Praying too for John and the girls – that they will do well even when you are away. God is with you! Love, Jenny

  12. Donna Chapman

    I am praying that you will get an accurate diagnosis as well as directions on how to proceed from here. One of my twin sons got a blood stream infection in the hospital a day or two after birth and has seizures. Dr. Morphis continued to tell me I was just a nervous mother etc…. as I watched him fall behind his brother in hitting his milestones. Eventually I took him to a pediatric neurologist in Washinton, DC and they did a pneumoencephalagram (Dye into spinal cord) so they could see brain damage on xray. The neurologist then told me my baby’s brain was atrophied and he would be a vegetable. Fortunately, we sought another opinion and treatment. I say all this to say, my son is alive and well, he got his degree from Coker College. He did suffer brain damage in the occipital lobe of his brain which caused permanent poor vision; but, he can read paperbacks and the newspaper etc…. he just cannot drive. Listen to your own instincts regarding Malachi, seek the best medical experts you can, AND most importantly trust that God loves Malachi even more than you and has a plan for his life that is a good one. (Jer 29:11) We will not be in H’ville this weekend but our thoughts and prayers will be with you, dear friend.. Keep us posted.

  13. Donna Chapman

    It should read ” son HAD seizure….he never had them again.

  14. Darlene Millican

    Thanks for the update. I did not know there was a problem. We’ll be praying for you, so keep us informed of the process.

  15. Frank Blaszczak

    We at Trinity Baptist Church in Sun City Center will be praying that you will have no problems in travelling to the States. Also praying for wisdom for all the doctors involved.

Comments are closed.