Ephesians 6:11-12: Put on the full armor of God, that you may be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual force of wickedness in the heavenly places.
I want to call you all into battle with us by prayer:
1) The devil is trying to keep his firm grip on this village and yet we see God’s light breaking through and shining bright. Pray fervently that God’s love will shine through all of the Christians in the village and that as we continue to do visitation that the Lord will be present and the Holy Spirit convicting and undeniable.
2) We have had several deaths and attempted murders this past month due to some senseless shootings and violence in Belize City and Belmopan (the victims all used to live in Gales Point). Pray that the violence will cease and that the villagers eyes will be open to how short life is and turn to God.
3) Pray for our health. Praise God that we are healthy now! Thank you Lord for everything you taught us in our unhealthy moments. I have seen a pattern with missionaries and health. I believe that the devil tries to use this as a means for discouragement. But what the devil means for evil, God means for GOOD. Please pray to the Lord that we will stay healthy so we can continue the work that He has called us to do.
4) Monday at 5:30 pm I (Mel) will be speaking to a ladies bible study group in Belize City. I am very thankful for this opportunity. This is the first time I have ever been asked to speak by myself. They are dear Christian ladies who want to be challenged. I will be speaking to them about the drink offering. Please pray that God will give me peace of mind and clarity of thought and speech, but more importantly that He would use me as a vessel, and instrument to do His work.
5) Pray for John and I as we continue on this missionary journey. Pray that God will grant us wisdom beyond what we can ask or think. Pray that He will continue to reveal His will for us, that we will walk in truth and have teachable spirits and grow in the Lord. This is our deepest desire.
6) Pray for the Belize Mission and Retreat. We have a busy summer of hosting teams beginning June 11th. Pray that God will sustain us and Basil and as well as our niece Cameryn, who will be helping with the babies. Pray that we will effectively challenge the teams that come to love the nations of this world by spreading the Gospel of Christ throughout it.
7) Please be in prayer for a vehicle for our growing family. This is a request that has been ongoing. God is meeting our needs just fine, but we ask you to keep praying for this as a larger vehicle is necessary.
Thank you for suiting up!
*Looking forward to the future: Keep an eye out because sometime in the next month we will be revealing our blogs “new look”.